Thursday, March 16, 2006

CAPOTE

Well, for those who do not know the word, it is the latest biographical movie about Truman Capote and his research while writing the novel In Cold Blood. It is difficult for me to judge the movie since I did not read the book ( I was told that this book was read by almost everybody in the late 60's), neither have I seen the movie In Cold Blood.
The film is based on Capote's research on the murder of a Kansas family and his journey of identification and relationship with one of the killers Perry Smith. It was rather complicated and compelling, I must say. But the movie was beautifully told and more so masterfully performed and was an amazing performance from Phillip Hoffman.

Probably the most difficult part is to accept someone sympathising with killers, I sat completely transfixed and disturbed throughout the movie. All in all, a harrowing and cruel experience.

However, highly recommended for my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home